Witness at the European Parliament
On Human Rights Violations in Iran
Ladies and gentlemen, I am Shabnam Madadzadeh and I am honored to be among you today as a witness. When I was a 21 year old student, my brother and I were imprisoned for 5 years in the prisons of the Mullahs regime for supporting the Mojahedin (PMOI) and came face to face with the true nature of this regime. A girl who entered university with the great love and ambition to obtain freedom and peace for her country but her dreams perished as she only bared witness to solitary confinement, torture of the interrogators, and the horrific cells of Gharchak Varamin prison and the wards of Evin and Gohardasht prisons. During my 5 year imprisonment I witnessed numerous crimes of this regime particularly against Iran’s innocent women and girls and today I am here to be the voice of the voiceless, the voice of those being crushed in the clutches of this misogynist regime in face of the world’s silence and inaction. I am here to tell the world the crimes and atrocities of the regime which I have witnessed and experienced firsthand. I am here to echo the voice of the people who have become fed up with their lives under the ruling dictatorship to western politicians who sit at the negotiation table with this regime without any attention to the value of human lives. Since my brother and I and some other youth and former political prisoners left Iran and joined the resistance, Iranian regime and its agents are trying to say that we are not the voice of Iranian people; it’s very simple; please let the people have fair and free elections to express their will and voice, but they know such election will be the end of the mullahs. The story of the pain and suffering of the Iranian people is not limited to one or two years; it is the story of 37 years of execution, torture and slaughter of innocent lives; but also 37 years of struggle, sacrifice, steadfastness for the ideal of freedom, with 120,000 of Iran’s best who have sacrificed their lives but are still standing till the end. Witness at the European Parliament On Human Rights Violations in Iran Shabnam Madadzadeh Former Iranian Political Prisoner The message of Iranian people to western governments, and my message today to High Representative Mogherini is that you must adhere to the three decades of struggle by the Iranian people to break free from the clutches of this regime and accept the true freedom fighters, the National Council of Resistance of Iran headed by Mrs. Rajavi as the true representative of Iranian people, and refrain from any type of negotiations or deals with this notorious regime, because the true price of your deals is human lives, gallows in the streets of Iran. This is a reality which I learned and felt in the university, in the prison and after my release in Iranian society. They have the desire and potential to bring about change in Iran. The Iranian people have the willpower to overthrow this regime, and with the tireless efforts of the Iranian Resistance they will overthrow this regime. You must hear the call for justice of the mothers and families of the 1988 Massacre and bring this barbaric regime to face trial for the massacre of 30,000 innocent people. It is time to stand on the right side of history and unfortunately the war crimes being committed in Syria, and the situation of men, women and children in Aleppo is an inerasable shame in the history of western and US policies. It is time to put an end to inaction and silence.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am Shabnam Madadzadeh and I am honored to be among you today as a witness. When I was a 21 year old student, my brother and I were imprisoned for 5 years in the prisons of the Mullahs regime for supporting the Mojahedin (PMOI) and came face to face with the true nature of this regime. A girl who entered university with the great love and ambition to obtain freedom and peace for her country but her dreams perished as she only bared witness to solitary confinement, torture of the interrogators, and the horrific cells of Gharchak Varamin prison and the wards of Evin and Gohardasht prisons. During my 5 year imprisonment I witnessed numerous crimes of this regime particularly against Iran’s innocent women and girls and today I am here to be the voice of the voiceless, the voice of those being crushed in the clutches of this misogynist regime in face of the world’s silence and inaction. I am here to tell the world the crimes and atrocities of the regime which I have witnessed and experienced firsthand. I am here to echo the voice of the people who have become fed up with their lives under the ruling dictatorship to western politicians who sit at the negotiation table with this regime without any attention to the value of human lives. Since my brother and I and some other youth and former political prisoners left Iran and joined the resistance, Iranian regime and its agents are trying to say that we are not the voice of Iranian people; it’s very simple; please let the people have fair and free elections to express their will and voice, but they know such election will be the end of the mullahs. The story of the pain and suffering of the Iranian people is not limited to one or two years; it is the story of 37 years of execution, torture and slaughter of innocent lives; but also 37 years of struggle, sacrifice, steadfastness for the ideal of freedom, with 120,000 of Iran’s best who have sacrificed their lives but are still standing till the end. Witness at the European Parliament On Human Rights Violations in Iran Shabnam Madadzadeh Former Iranian Political Prisoner The message of Iranian people to western governments, and my message today to High Representative Mogherini is that you must adhere to the three decades of struggle by the Iranian people to break free from the clutches of this regime and accept the true freedom fighters, the National Council of Resistance of Iran headed by Mrs. Rajavi as the true representative of Iranian people, and refrain from any type of negotiations or deals with this notorious regime, because the true price of your deals is human lives, gallows in the streets of Iran. This is a reality which I learned and felt in the university, in the prison and after my release in Iranian society. They have the desire and potential to bring about change in Iran. The Iranian people have the willpower to overthrow this regime, and with the tireless efforts of the Iranian Resistance they will overthrow this regime. You must hear the call for justice of the mothers and families of the 1988 Massacre and bring this barbaric regime to face trial for the massacre of 30,000 innocent people. It is time to stand on the right side of history and unfortunately the war crimes being committed in Syria, and the situation of men, women and children in Aleppo is an inerasable shame in the history of western and US policies. It is time to put an end to inaction and silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment